Wednesday, April 16, 2008

~hhhmmmm~

last monday night, i had a session with all the solo contestant for Gema competition. As a music director, i want them to familiar with the band because the band will back them up on the stage throughout their performance.

but there are one contestant who comes with her boyfriend. They went in the studio and i ask them to sing the song that she choose. At first, the flow of music looks very well and the contestant herself very comfortable with her singing with the band. i am relieved because she can sing with my new arrangement of music. But there are one problems which her boyfriend interupt our session with his fierce face and he is asking me, 'wei, kenape lagu ni berubah? kau buat ape dengan lagu ni?'. I was so pissed of and angry. I just cannot think anymore but one of my band mates cool me down. I take my time after that explaining to him that there is nothing wrong with the music arrangement. It is a new kind of music. I had to react professionally eventhough he attacked my ability as a musician. So i think about it back, it is a fallacy that i called ad hominem circumstantial.

No comments: